Tuesday, December 14, 2004

50-state rundown on gay marriage laws

Luke

The article I read is about gay marriage in the United States. Almost all 50 states are going to ban gay marriage. Even though nearly 3,000 same-sex couples got married last spring in Oregon, the state is leading the drive to nullify same-sex marriage.

I interviewed two persons for the following questions:
1. Do you accept gay marriage?
2. Do you think homosexuality is innate or acquired?
3. If your children want to get married to same sex, do you agree?
4. What do you think about homosexuals adopting kids? (When the children grow up, will they meet some problems?)

The first person's answers were:
1. I don’t know.
2. Innate.
3. I agree. Children can do whatever they want to do.
4. No, the child won't have problems.

The second person's answers were:
1. I accept, because it’s not my business.
2. Both, but acquired probably might be more. If the society accepted gays and teachers teach us we need to respect them, when a man or woman always gets hurt in emotion with opposite gender, maybe he or she will try to get self-confident with same gender. If this situation really works, one day probably he or she will become a gay or lesbian. So what kind of surroundings he or she stays in might probably affect him or her to be a homosexual or not.
3. I agree. If the child is happy, why not! But I might have a hard time in a couple of months or years.
4. I don’t think that is a good idea, because the society won’t accept gays, and it’s hard for him or her to tell people my parents are gays. And another problem is the child might not figure out what is different between mom and dad at his or her childhood and why his or her parents are different from other children’s parents.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home